What is Search Engine Marketing? Search engine marketing or SEM as it is also known is a method of increasing a website’s popularity by employing various internet marketing tools and strategies. Search engine marketing or SEM differs greatly from search engine optimization or SEO. Many people take the two to [...]
- Search engine marketing or SEM as it is also known is a method of increasing a website’s popularity by employing various internet marketing tools and strategies.
- Search engine marketing or SEM differs greatly from search engine optimization or SEO. Many people take the two to be synonymous with each other whereas that is simply not the case.
- SEO or search engine optimization as the name suggests is a method to ‘optimize’ a website for becoming more relevant in search engine results. SEO helps to optimize a website by changing and rearranging the pattern and placement of keywords in a website.
- Search engine marketing or SEM on the other hand helps to make a website popular by rapid internet marketing strategies such as online advertisements, social media marketing etc.
- Search engine marketing works by employing various tools and strategies to advertise a website.
- One of the most common ways to perform search engine marketing is by display of banner ads in associated websites. For example, if one has a website dealing with sports, then one could display the ads for one’s website in other websites dealing with the same sport.
- The other equally viable and effective method of search engine marketing is by employing the technique of social media marketing or SMM.
- Social media marketing is an advanced form of search engine marketing in which the producers of goods and services target social networking websites like facebook, orkut or twitter to spread the word about a particular company or its products.
- It is a more direct approach to search engine marketing than the traditional methods because in the social media marketing method, one is directly reaching out to real people and real customers.
- There are many search engine marketing vendors nowadays. Some of the most popular and common search engine marketing vendors are Google Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Microsoft adCenter
- These tool offer a wide array of quality tools to market and advertise one’s website via the medium of the internet.
- How does Search Engine Marketing work?
- Common Search Engine Marketing Vendors
- How to carry out Search Engine Marketing?
Search engine marketing can be carried out in a wide variety of ways and methods. However, some of the common guidelines are as follows:-.
- One should employ distinct, unique and descriptive title names on the pages of one’s website. One must also provide distinct descriptions and keyword metatags on every page.
- The use of simple ASCII text on one’s Web pages is recommended.
- The URL or website address of one’s website ought to include the keywords relevant to the subject on which the website has been created.
Prateek Dixit is a tech-writer and the founder of TTC Read More
Download My E-book
Tagsadvertising adwords external affiliate Affiliate marketing alexa backlink building best SEO design best seo tools building backlinks building links choosing SEO design Design earn online gain traffic google adwords google pagerank boost how to how to do seo HTML 5 increase backlinks increase traffic constantly keywords link building make money online mobile search optimize a website optimizing web site Paid SEO pay per click pay per click advertising search engine marketing search engine optimization Search engine optimization basics SEM SEO SEO booster SEO design SEO keywords SEO Tools tips and tricks top keywords top seo tools traffic boost what is SEO wordpress seo plugins